February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
I put 18 eggs in on January 27th. 12 EE, 3 White Leghorn, & 3 Ayam Cemani.

2 Cemani eggs were infertile, and I just took a EE egg out yesterday with a blood ring. So 15 are still going strong 🥰

I’m not sure how to count the days properly, but I’m hoping for 2/16 or so.
If you set on 1/27, then 2/17 is your expected hatch day (day 21). The day you set is day 0. Though mine often hatch on day 20.😊

I am on D14 and in the no name incubator 16/24 are looking good (which 4 of the 8 were the American Breese with detached air cells and stopped between d7 and d10), in the NR360 12/22 are looking good (which 6 of the 10 were American Breese with detached air cells on D10). Below is a pic of an EE that just started to ooz this morning.
20210206_124847.jpg

There are 2 yellowish spots

You can try lighting from both ends. Takes a steady hand and also a helper. I do this with dark brown or green eggs mostly. You can use your candler or LED flash light on one end and phone flashlight on the other. 😊
I used your idea on my BCM, Black AC, and EE and saw the air cells as well as the growth, this was great. I ended up candleing all my eggs and found that I have 28/46 doing well. Thank you for this idea.

I am on D14 and in the no name incubator 16/24 are looking good (which 4 of the 8 were the American Breese with detached air cells and stopped between d7 and d10), in the NR360 12/22 are looking good (which 6 of the 10 were American Breese with detached air cells on D10). Below is a pic of an EE that just started to ooz this morning.
View attachment 2518985
There are 2 yellowish spots
Wonder if it has some micro cracks in it?

Wonder if it has some micro cracks in it?
When I candled the eggs I didn't see any cracks it seems to be coming from the pours. The incubator had a temp/humidity spike the other day and I think it may have cooked some of the eggs. Only 12/22 have made it through this and this is Day14 and Day11 for the others. I have reduced the heat by 0.5 degrees until hatch day on 2/13 & 2/16

Back
Top Bottom