February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
Day 16/17 Some of the pointed tips are still not as dark as I would like to see. They are alive, and will still hatch, but I need more filled out egg. The pointed end should be dark by day 16. This will delay a hatch by a day or so, BUT I have a few days to correct this... I moved the eggs that had clear tips to a diff part of the incubator. And since there is so much fluid in egg still, I am not adding water till those tips fill in. (I only add small amounts before, not a big water person.)

So happy to read that some of your eggs have life signs after the incubator incident @Offshoreorca! 🥰

Yes! Me too. I suspect the heat wasn’t out for as long as I thought originally as the menu isn’t suppose to be able to do that. I didn’t write down in my notes whether I turned the cooling off in the evening or the morning as I’ve been so busy with work (sometimes I leave it on an extra 12 hours after I stop turning), so I figure it was likely off just for the duration of the day which is likely why I’ve got some signs of life still. 💕 It was set to “off” though when I discovered it cold, which is still puzzling me. Will have to test the incubator after to see if there is a glitch.

Day 18. Out of the 20 eggs 4 were infertil 3 didn't make it. So 13 eggs in lockdown. I hate the last three days....
20210214_190833[1].jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom