February Hatch-A-Long

Is February too early for a hatch?

• Yeah, I'm going to wait until spring!

Votes: 12 8.1%
  • My chickens haven't started laying yet!

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • No way! Hatching year-round is the way to go!

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • The earlier the better!

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I'm going to summon spring with some early chicks!

Votes: 22 14.9%
  • Already have eggs in the incubator!

Votes: 84 56.8%

• Total voters
Pics
Hi Everyone! Just stopping by to show off the new arrivals 💕

DB571668-23CE-4668-9693-7B334B5770F8.jpeg

Already! lol! Ive got a dozen welsummer eggs coming in mid march!
Well you have to start the thread mid the month before to cover the folks who have eggs hatching early in the month!😊
I love welsummers!
I have some welsummer chicks scheduled to arrive next week from Myer, though I am getting them for others.

I still plan on a lock down tomorrow. (day 18 today and tomorrow. ) I heated up the rope cord in a diff incubator, then put it in the incubator my sixteen shipped eggs are in (so they don't roll around at hatching). Below is eggs on rope. the eggs in resting cups (not turner) are due next week.
16e.PNG
I marked the area most likely to pip from, slope, and they are large air cell up. They will stay this way until they hatch.
19.PNG

The eggs that didn't have a steep air cell slope, I still have in the resting cups. I will check on those tomorrow. If I don't see them develop a steep slope They will stay in a resting cup till hatch so they do not drown.

I am going to add some water at lockdown, but am not going to freak out about the humidity. Once they start to hatch (When they need the humidity) they will also create more themselves.

Well you have to start the thread mid the month before to cover the folks who have eggs hatching early in the month!😊
I love welsummers!
I have some welsummer chicks scheduled to arrive next week from Myer, though I am getting them for others.
That's where I'm getting my hatching eggs from! I love hatching welsummers because i can sex them. Well at least 90% sex them. I couldn't get them shipped til next month, I'm so jealous of you :tongue

Back
Top Bottom