Finally! egg pic:)

I guess it all depends on the breed. My White Plymouth Rock laid at 18 weeks and my ameracauna bantam laid at 33 weeks! lol

Quote:
33 weeks?!
ep.gif
For red sex links?! They are supposed to start laying around 20 weeks! Your girls sure made you wait!

Yea that seems crazy to me too. Our red sex link started laying at ~18 weeks old, about a month ahead of any of our others. We are now near 29 weeks and still have 1/9 hen that is yet to lay an egg, a silver laced wyandotte.

That's an amazing difference!
lol.png

Mine usually start laying at around four months, so a bit longer than average.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
some of our neighbors where at their cabin over Thanksgiving and when they left they gave us the grocery store eggs they bought while here, Oh my goodness I had forgot how pitiful store bought eggs look, the yolks were so pale a yellow they looked sick, I am so thankful for my hens that lay such golden colored yolks and great tasting eggs.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
some of our neighbors where at their cabin over Thanksgiving and when they left they gave us the grocery store eggs they bought while here, Oh my goodness I had forgot how pitiful store bought eggs look, the yolks were so pale a yellow they looked sick, I am so thankful for my hens that lay such golden colored yolks and great tasting eggs.

thumbsup.gif
for sure!

Back
Top Bottom