Finally Got my Roo To Stop Crowing!

I'm sorry. . but if the rooster crowing is a big issue you shouldn't have a rooster.
Crowing is what they do. :th

I do not think any kind of no crow collar is a great idea.
I do not believe a rooster can be "trained" not to crow. .any more than I could train my call ducks not to quack. :(
Luckily it isn’t a big issue but I don’t want it to become one. My neighbors adore him, but I wanted to make sure I had an option in case someone did complain. And normally I wouldn’t have a rooster but he was a very special case and they were going to euthanize him because no one wanted him. He’s at least 5-7 years old and is very sweet. He is definitely living his best life even with the dog collar.

Luckily it isn’t a big issue but I don’t want it to become one. My neighbors adore him, but I wanted to make sure I had an option in case someone did complain. And normally I wouldn’t have a rooster but he was a very special case and they were going to euthanize him because no one wanted him. He’s at least 5-7 years old and is very sweet. He is definitely living his best life even with the dog collar.
I think it's fine for a temporary solution..but not long term. If I were you I would start looking for a new home for him. But that's just me.

Interesting! How does one get certified as a chicken whisperer? Is there a school you go to? Who provides the certification? Is it an accredited school? How many hours of classes are required? Where is the school located, I wanta go! When I taught dog obedience I called my methods Dogspeak, but it never occurred to me to certify myself as a Dogspeaker although my methods were unique.... maybe I should, at that.

Interesting! How does one get certified as a chicken whisperer? Is there a school you go to? Who provides the certification? Is it an accredited school? How many hours of classes are required? Where is the school located, I wanta go! When I taught dog obedience I called my methods Dogspeak, but it never occurred to me to certify myself as a Dogspeaker although my methods were unique.... maybe I should, at that.
I've found trying to whisper to chickens isn't very productive, especially not with a crowing rooster. It seems they can't hear you over the racket they're making.:D

I'm going to be a bit blunt. It's not rudeness, it's just observations based on your posts.
You say you've fallen in love with this rooster.
Below are some of your description of him.

$%@#*$% rooster

cranky roo,

but the little fart had his own ideas

my clever fart

He’s a bit of a stubborn butthead

my pig-headed roo

To add injury to insult (I think the terms above can fairly be described as insults) you've tried choking him to death with various iterations of products designed to stop him carrying out what is a natural and necessary part of being a rooster; they crow, it's what they do.

I admit it's unlikely but I hope you don't fall in love with me. I can see myself subjected to a never ending round of verbal and physical abuse just because I'm doing what males do.

I was stomping mad. I refused to be outsmarted by a chicken!!!
I think this is the bare bones of the matter. Learn to live with it. He is obviously smarter than you are.:)

Back
Top Bottom