Pics
We were - My partner kind of voiced a little hesitation at the idea. The lovely lady I met on BYC with the Cayugas is trying to make sure she has a good gender mix so we may wait.

The woman we got these two from also has a hatch today, so we may go that route and have a flock of Anconas. The bigger brooder comes tomorrow or Wednesday, so just trying to figure out timing.

After seeing my first two a bit listless I got super worried and didn’t want to go through losing one and having one left by it’s lonesome, so I think another pair will give me some peace of mind.

63E94D28-7660-4F20-B868-68BD5B9E2CC0.jpeg

The older ones seem totally fine today! I’ve kept up with the electrolyte water and covered the AC vent, since I’m not totally sure what caused the strange behavior.

I’m 99% sure I heard an attempt at a quack this afternoon! And the black one who I suspect is male has suddenly started to sound raspy. It’s pretty funny.

Hoping maybe they were just tired from all the activity and apparent physiological changes over the past 24 hours or so! I’ll keep a close eye on them, of course.

:love

The littles are so little! Imagine a small kiwi fruit vs a large mango with legs ...

I have them in clear plastic totes next to each other and will introduce them once the babies seem less fragile (they hatched late last night/early this morning).

Any tips for the introduction when it does happen?

:hugs

I like your comparison of the 2 groups. lol

I like your plan just have some dried meal worms ready put them on the floor together and watch the fun they will be so busy eating they won't even realize they have company.
Let us know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom