Pics
I’m sure it’s still too early to tell (4 weeks) but the Big keeps making almost-quack noises ... Are these the “raspy” boy noises everyone talks about? I haven’t heard anything that really sounds like a “quack.”

:idunno

You have had such a rough go of this whole experience I’m so sorry! I think the ducky grave marker is an insanely sweet idea. I’m a new duck mama this season as well so I can relate to all the stress. Mine just moved outside and it has brought a whole new round of anxiety into my life. I love the idea of the ducko-cam though. I may have to steal it! You’re doing an excellent job. Keep it up!

Thanks @jennybvcr ! You’re so sweet. I’ll send you a link to the camera I bought, it was only $30 on Amazon and it works really well. The app is a little dippy, but it gets the job done.

:pop

A8DDDDB2-50FC-4673-B42F-B6306C9F282F.jpeg

Lately I’ve noticed that between the Littles there’s is quite the size difference. The brown (which should be female based on the parents colors) is SO much smaller. Would this be because she is female or does it have more to do with her not eating enough or some other reason?

Lately I’ve noticed that between the Littles there’s is quite the size difference. The brown (which should be female based on the parents colors) is SO much smaller. Would this be because she female or does it have more to do with her not eating enough or some other reason?

OH MY GOD they're beautiful. Jemima, one of my welsh harlequins, is quite a bit smaller than the other WH or the Cayuga and she also has trouble with her niacin levels. She needs added vitamins. Her feathers are coming in a bit slower than the others as well. She is fine, but it seems like maybe the vitamin issues slowed down her development.

@WVduckchick She seems to be doing everything normally.

She’s a bit more shy and prefers to eat food off the ground and maybe gets pushed around a bit by the bigger ones (but not by much, she just seems a little more independent perhaps?)

The bigger of the littles and the Big seem to be buddies, so they eat and drink and sleep together constantly.
The other little is around but less bonded, it appears.

I try to hand feed the littlest bit she’s pretty timid and usually skitters away.

:confused:

Hi there. Again, I want you to know that just because I am quiet, it doesn't mean I don't care.
I think that baby ducks are the cutest animals in the entire world. It's just a shame that they grow so fast! I would love another week or two of babyhood.
Regarding swimming, I see you have one little submariner! I love that! I have a cayuga who spent most of his time underwater or diving.
Keep up the good work with these valuable babies, and enjoy the comments from the ladies who have contributed. They really know what they are talking about!
Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom