20210722_223819.jpg

Okay, so I didn't get my Panda oranda! :rant They didn't have it after someone told me they did! A two-hour drive for nothing! (Well, not exactly nothing.... 😏) I got a pretty little Koi instead, meet Shoto!

View attachment 2769358

View attachment 2769359
He's settling into the bunch really well! I think he was glad to get the heck out of that crowded tank! :lau But the fish store was like dying and going into fish heaven! So many tanks and indoor ponds! Beautifully clean and okay staff!
Omg how beautiful!

Hi can I ask a fish question here?
Do you guys keep any other fish with betta fish? I have a 20 gallon tank with one betta, I'd like to get another fish, maybe an algae-eater, but I know betta fish can be aggressive.

Do you guys keep any other fish with betta fish? I have a 20 gallon tank with one betta, I'd like to get another fish, maybe an algae-eater, but I know betta fish can be aggressive.
Of course you can! And I personally haven’t done that but I know other people have so maybe someone else will have more advice.

You can try. Get some nice, calm fish that don't move too fast, don't have long, colorful fins, and are not fin nippers. Schooling fish like Rasboras might be good. For an algae eater, you could get a school of otos, or a small pleco (like a bristlenose or a clown).
Just remember that putting other fish in with a betta is a gamble. You never know what's going to happen. He could start attacking them right away. He could be fine with them for a couple months, and then suddenly flip. Or he could not care about them at all. Just be prepared with a second tank that you can move the other fish into.

Back
Top Bottom