Flock feed question

thanai

Songster
Jul 3, 2020
Canada
Hi all,
Is there such a thing as a flock feed that suits both layers and roosters, or am I living in a fantasy land? I'm trying to keep my boy from eating from the girl's layer mash and trying to keep him at his own feed dish, but in my mind, it would be easier to offer a feed that suits all the chickens at once. Thanks!

Hi all,
Is there such a thing as a flock feed that suits both layers and roosters, or am I living in a fantasy land? I'm trying to keep my boy from eating from the girl's layer mash and trying to keep him at his own feed dish, but in my mind, it would be easier to offer a feed that suits all the chickens at once. Thanks!
Purina All Flock
https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/p...MIno--sLni7gIViLWzCh1DhwgbEAQYASABEgK_ZfD_BwE

Also put oyster shell in a dish for free choice by the hens and you're golden.

The flock raiser is what I use since I have a rooster with the hens. I didn't want to take a chance of the extra calcium, in layer feed, hurting my rooster. I bought a small feeder and keep it full of oyster shell grit and crushed egg shells for the hens. That way, they get as much calcium as they need. The higher protein in flock raiser will also help your hens when they molt. Good luck

The flock raiser is what I use since I have a rooster with the hens. I didn't want to take a chance of the extra calcium, in layer feed, hurting my rooster. I bought a small feeder and keep it full of oyster shell grit and crushed egg shells for the hens. That way, they get as much calcium as they need. The higher protein in flock raiser will also help your hens when they molt. Good luck
Thanks! That's great to know that'll help with molting.

Also your starter feed is basically the same thing as most “all flock” feeds. Personally I wouldn’t feed just starter or all flock but would mix 50/50 with a layer feed. Cuts the calcium down to a safer level for roos. BUT I’m not to worried about my Roo in all honesty.

Also your starter feed is basically the same thing as most “all flock” feeds. Personally I wouldn’t feed just starter or all flock but would mix 50/50 with a layer feed. Cuts the calcium down to a safer level for roos. BUT I’m not to worried about my Roo in all honesty.
Thanks! That makes sense!

Back
Top Bottom