Friend ribbon

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by Abriana, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    I know there is already a friend badge, but I thought of a good idea that could be in addition to the badges.
    A friend ribbon would look like this:
    264257E5-EF1C-4B6E-8BAD-EC8BFAC8D62F.jpeg
    Just a standard ribbon, maybe silver. It would say the members name across the top, and friend across the bottom. When you click on a members name, a black box pops up with their name, info, profile pic, status, etc. the ribbon would be placed next to their name (or in a better spot I’m not exactly sure where it should go)
    But here is the part I really like, before you can get the friend ribbon, at least fifteen people have to pm a mod with something that member has done for them, said to them, or just an example of how they have been a good friend. When you click on the ribbon icon a page with everything members have said about the person comes up and you can read it.
    I’m not sure if this would be feasible, since everyone might pm a different mod, but I thought it would be something to think about and a nice way to show your appreciation for certain members who have helped you or just been a good friend.

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator

Jan 11, 2007
    NE Washington State
  3. Abriana

Abriana Spicy Sugar Cookie

Apr 26, 2017
    Fools Gold
    I just thought it would be nice to have an account of nice things members have said about you. Maybe it could be a feature you add to the friend badge?

MrsMistyReal likes this.
  4. MagpieDucks

MagpieDucks Preserving Orpington Bantams

Oct 26, 2015
    Minnesota
    My Coop
    That would be kind of like the old ovation system. Instead of just the regular likes, they had an "ovation" button with the option to comment on the post, without actually quoting the post. I think it's a good idea. :)

MrsMistyReal and Abriana like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: