Hope helped make pizza dough and homemade sauce this afternoon
E6F5CC55-22F6-4083-82B0-A8053E1DC7BF.jpeg

This was the first time I’ve made pizza sauce from scratch. I really like the recipe we used even though it was tamed down a bit for hubs and the kids. I made two pepperoni pizzas and have dough going for a white pizza with just ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. I’m going to brush the crust with garlic and rosemary infused olive oil first. :idunno Something different to try anyway. I may also ferment the sauce this summer to see how that tastes.
Speaking of fermenting, I’ve been using the fermented garlic and the taste is actually quite strong. Especially when used in Alfredo sauce where it’s added at the end. Wow! I do like it though and plan to ferment some again using garlic from my garden. Depends on temps.

This was the first time I’ve made pizza sauce from scratch. I really like the recipe we used even though it was tamed down a bit for hubs and the kids. I made two pepperoni pizzas and have dough going for a white pizza with just ricotta, Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses. I’m going to brush the crust with garlic and rosemary infused olive oil first. :idunno Something different to try anyway. I may also ferment the sauce this summer to see how that tastes.
Speaking of fermenting, I’ve been using the fermented garlic and the taste is actually quite strong. Especially when used in Alfredo sauce where it’s added at the end. Wow! I do like it though and plan to ferment some again using garlic from my garden. Depends on temps.

If it's not too much trouble, would you mind sharing the sauce recipe? I usually just doctor up a jar of store-bought but homemade would be nice!

Back
Top Bottom