Probably wait for at least a couple more and try them soft boiled with toast. That will be the taste test for me and hubs. Then I’m going to make the kids scrambled eggs and not tell them they’re duck eggs and see how they react.

I'm curious what you think of the taste, I've never had a duck egg myself. People always talk about how nice they are for baking. Hope you like them!

were did you get the turkens? 'cuse i want some!
Various places. You can find themes chicks at the big hatcheries in Spring, sometimes hatching eggs on eBay. Maybe try your state thread and see if anyone breeds them. Good luck, they are the best in my opinion

Congratulations on your first duck egg 😍 that's a pretty color.

I'm curious what you think of the taste, I've never had a duck egg myself. People always talk about how nice they are for baking. Hope you like them!
We didn't think they tasted different than chicken eggs, but I've also heard they taste different 🤷. For baking they are better, they add more volume to what your making.

The water and the foil cover kind of steams the squash.

I forgot to tell you, some people like to sprinkle brown sugar on their winter squash. I didn't tell you because I think that's kind of :sick but you have that option.
The foil covered pan with water was the only way I ever cooked butternut squash. Until I got an Instant Pot. :oops: I do like brown sugar on mine... until about December when some of the starch converts to sugar and they get sweet on their own.
Some people say they can taste a difference and some say no.
Re: duck eggs... Someone I used to work with gave us some duck eggs. I could taste the difference, big time. And later on, I could smell the difference...

Congratulations on your first duck egg 😍 that's a pretty color.

We didn't think they tasted different than chicken eggs, but I've also heard they taste different 🤷. For baking they are better, they add more volume to what your making.
Thanks Sue, we’re excited to give them a try!

The foil covered pan with water was the only way I ever cooked butternut squash. Until I got an Instant Pot. :oops: I do like brown sugar on mine... until about December when some of the starch converts to sugar and they get sweet on their own.

Re: duck eggs... Someone I used to work with gave us some duck eggs. I could taste the difference, big time. And later on, I could smell the difference...
Thanks for the info! Was that in a good way?

Don’t worry, my husband likes brown sugar on his winter squash too. It’s just a preference lol.

How long do you cook it in your instant pot?

Back
Top Bottom