~>Fury of the Wind<~ [Chat Thread]

Pics

RoostersAreAwesome

Enabler
6 Years
May 21, 2017
Please Read First

A) By participating in this game, I promise that all BYC Rules will be followed and that I have read and understood the Role Play Rules that are in a sticky at the top of the Games forum.

B) I promise that all content is to be rated G and suitable for all ages.

C) I promise that there will be no swearing, cursing (including censoring by using symbols) or inappropriate adult sexual activity or innuendo. This extends to mating, breeding or innuendo in non-human characters as well.

D) I promise to treat others with respect and kindness as is the BYC way.

E) I promise not to post any material that is a violation of copyright. Basically this means: if you didn't create the content (like an image / picture) and don't have direct permission from the content creator to post it, then don't.

I know it's a little late (okay, it's really late :p), but here's the chat thread for FOTW!

Roleplay: https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/fury-of-the-wind-a-bird-rp.1283750/

Character page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/fury-of-the-wind-a-bird-rp-character-page.74593/

Well, you have a great plot so far, but I think a few more problems other than food storage and leader choices might help. Maybe some sort of divide between Hawaiian native chickens (red junglefowl/red junglefowl crosses/gamefowl) and production type chickens? Like, mixing of the two types is frowned upon and halfbreeds are discriminated against? It might make sense, seeing as games are usually a little more aggressive and better at surviving (which means a lot, since there's no humans to feed them now) than production types. Also, bantams could be singled out or generally thought as soft and weak.
Another thing you might want to try is for some type of religion, so maybe not all the chickens have the same beliefs, or only one group even has a religion.
Giving them more challenges in everyday life definitely spices things up; as foraging gets harder, they have to figure out ways to get more creative. Maybe someone suggests they loot the humans houses, or go closer to the volcano, but there's a disagreement on how dangerous that is. Or they have to figure out how to get food to camp, or whether to keep moving the flock to each new foraging ground. Stuff like that.
Make sure to highlight other problems that have always been there, but gets more attention because of the events happening. Maybe a group of hens and pullets wants to get a lead hen voted in because they're tired of only being able to be top broodies. Maybe a contestant doesn't partake in a ritual or an old rule that has been passed down for generations because it's kind of ridiculous, but it's always been there so now everyone is conflicted.
Also; more corrupt political figures. But not too many.

I hope this helps you a bit. :p Sorry it's so long.. I might've gotten carried away.
Oh yeah! The junglefowl idea won't work, because all chickens there are domestic, however, I could add more to Mongoose's description and explain the house looting more. I forgot to highlight the other problems, that will help it make more sense. And yes, the skipped ritual part makes sense. I want lots of "rites" which make the territory sort of sacred.
I need one that turns a cockerel to a cock, but what can they do?
That actually looks really good. When you open it I will join!
Great! (And now I feel like I'm stealing the attention from this rp.)

Hey sorry it's taking so long to make my character I'm in still super busy rps so I'm I bit hurried as of now! I wanted to make two but I think it's best for me to just stick to the pigeon character I have planned :')
It's fine! I took a while to join your roleplay as well. XD I'm just glad that you've decided to join. :D

Back
Top Bottom