Fussy duck i think

Gingernutt

Chirping
Apr 14, 2023
My eldest muscovy (15 weeks) has stopped eating his grower pellets but will eat everything else like worms, grass, fruit (gave as treats) but wont even touch his pellets anymore even though he use to eat the pallets fine. Unsure if he has become fussy and doesn't like his pellets anymore (fancy feeds waterfowl grower pellets) or something is up? He looks healthy and acts the same. UK based so wondering if need to change his pellets?

They can sure get fussy about what they want and like. It maybe that the treats he is getting is all he wants.
Cut out the treats like worms and fruit. If he gets a few worms on his own nothing you can do about that. But cutting out treats for now to get him to eat his main source of nutrients
is important.
If poop is looking okay and he doesn't appear to have any symptoms of being sick then I'd say he is a might spoiled. ;)

They can sure get fussy about what they want and like. It maybe that the treats he is getting is all he wants.
Cut out the treats like worms and fruit. If he gets a few worms on his own nothing you can do about that. But cutting out treats for now to get him to eat his main source of nutrients
is important.
If poop is looking okay and he doesn't appear to have any symptoms of being sick then I'd say he is a might spoiled. ;)
His poops havent change at all which im happy about and still the same as before but he has just lost his voice for his male hiss to appear. So his way to get attention now is to dive at me. The worms he gets out of the garden on his own but im worried he will not eat the pellets especially with treats taken away. Wonder if i should swap pellets?

His poops havent change at all which im happy about and still the same as before but he has just lost his voice for his male hiss to appear. So his way to get attention now is to dive at me. The worms he gets out of the garden on his own but im worried he will not eat the pellets especially with treats taken away. Wonder if i should swap pellets?
He's not going to starve himself to death. If you're overly worried about About it, I'm sure you can switch the food if you like. But I think treats need to be stopped for sure.

They know how to maneuver us into getting what they want. They are no different than our dogs who beg. If you could just try for a week and see if there is any change?
My Muscovy love dog food [dried] I have a minin dancshund so the food is small bites well I given a chance they would eat dog food instead of their feed. But I don't overindulge them. They only get a small amount so I know they are also eating their feed.

Back
Top Bottom