• Yes!!!

Votes: 45 95.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Probably not

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Pics
You shouldn't have a problem then. I find it is easier to direct seed, as the roots are fragile and can be difficult when transplanting.

They are heavy feeders, so make sure you have good soil and keep them well watered. Good luck.
Should I plant them where there is a lot of sun? Also I live in an area where there is a lot of rabbits, you think hey would dig them up, if so what should I do to keep them little devils out?

Should I plant them where there is a lot of sun? Also I live in an area where there is a lot of rabbits, you think hey would dig them up, if so what should I do to keep them little devils out?
Full sun. Rabbits have never messed with mine, but they do go for my beans, peas, cabbage, broccoli, etc, so my gardens are fenced in.

Up here in Maine, this past weekend was the first time we were able to get into the garden (although the raised beds are still mostly frozen, but the garlic is looking good!). We did some clean-up (with the help of the ducks) and got some hoops in place for garden quilts.

Inside, we have broccoli, cauliflower, a few of our peppers, and our eggplant seedlings going. Onions are about to germinate, and we planted 96 more pepper seeds yesterday. We're always trying new things (last year it was tomatillos!), and this year we are planting at least one variety from each of the five major domesticated pepper species.

21 March 2021 Indoor Seed Starting Update.jpeg

The perennial bed is probably about 1600 square feet.
The main garden has about 14000 tilled up but I’m not sure exactly how much we will use. It’s our first year planting in this spot normally we use the 10,000 square foot field in front of the house but we are letting all but a small section of it rest this year.
Woah, that's stunning! :love

Up here in Maine, this past weekend was the first time we were able to get into the garden (although the raised beds are still mostly frozen, but the garlic is looking good!). We did some clean-up (with the help of the ducks) and got some hoops in place for garden quilts.

Inside, we have broccoli, cauliflower, a few of our peppers, and our eggplant seedlings going. Onions are about to germinate, and we planted 96 more pepper seeds yesterday. We're always trying new things (last year it was tomatillos!), and this year we are planting at least one variety from each of the five major domesticated pepper species.

View attachment 2580392
What a fun pepper experiment, please keep us informed!

Would my duck be beneficial to my garden?
Our ducks have significantly decreased the slug and snail population in our garden. Their discarded bedding has also improved our compost dramatically. We have all raised beds in the main vegetable garden, and once the seedlings get going, the ducks are pretty good about leaving most things alone. We do encourage them to get in the raised beds and "help" during fall and spring clean-up, but their pasture is right next to the garden, and they free range around the garden fence, so even if they are not actually in the garden, they are helping.

Back
Top Bottom