GL and BLR Wyandottes 27.5 weeks not laying yet??

bockbockmn

In the Brooder
May 8, 2023
Hi all!

I’ve got a golden laced and a blue laced red wyandotte who still aren’t laying yet at nearly 28 weeks. My other three (EE’s and an Aussie) have been laying for what feels like forever now. What gives? Anyone with either of these wyandottes have a similar experience?

If you're in the northern hemisphere days are growing shorter and possibly pullets coming into lay will delay onset of laying until day length starts increasing again.

Wyandottes are heritage breed that said they will mature slower. My GLW started laying at 46 weeks old. Some can lay sooner but time of season plays into it also. I would say 40 to 46 weeks is what you should expect.

Wyandottes are heritage breed that said they will mature slower. My GLW started laying at 46 weeks old. Some can lay sooner but time of season plays into it also. I would say 40 to 46 weeks is what you should expect.
Oh man! Okay, I’m gonna prepare myself to keep (patiently) waiting! 😂

Its fine. Just feed them a grower or all flock feed instead of layer if they don't start in the next few weeks.
I’m a newb so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but how do I separate feed for these 2 from the ones that are laying? They’re all on layer feed right now.

Back
Top Bottom