Yep! That would choke any animal. Cellulose won't break down in the digestive system very easily. Now, can you find where he ran across it and get rid of the weed?

Yep! That would choke any animal. Cellulose won't break down in the digestive system very easily. Now, can you find where he ran across it and get rid of the weed?
Yes I believe it may be growing on the banks on the back side of our pond, that's the first thing that came to mind when I saw what it was in his poo because it snagged a pair of leggings I was wearing not long ago but I paid no attention to it after the fact. Didnt ever think they'd try to eat that. I will have to go out when the sun comes up and check all around the pond for it, they dont venture much farther than that. I sure hope this is the start to the end of our problem. That was the most significant thing he has passed since the start of this. Fingers crossed tomorrow brings more good signs.

Very Sad to announce that my Remy baby has passed away sometime today while I was at work. He started improving after his last poo picture, and took a turn for the worst shortly after again. He never did have a normal poo after that. Not sure if the thorny material caused internal damage/infection or what. He will be under the apple tree for the rest of time :hit

Very Sad to announce that my Remy baby has passed away sometime today while I was at work. He started improving after his last poo picture, and took a turn for the worst shortly after again. He never did have a normal poo after that. Not sure if the thorny material caused internal damage/infection or what. He will be under the apple tree for the rest of time :hit
Everyone else is still happy and healthy. His brother and sister seem to be mourning, but otherwise everyone is healthy.

20210307_164707.jpg
We have an answer. Hubby wanted to dissect his crop area to see what the cause of death truly ended up being and tried to ease my mind as I've done everything I possibly could, and he pulled this out right below his crop/into his stomach. Picture does not do the size justice. Ive never seen anything like this. This mass shown was larger than my hand in the picture the way it sits. Everything in that picture is one single piece. It was very very wound up tightly, it felt like thick twine. Upon unwinding and unraveling, it turned out to be this plastic material. It is so long and so much. I have no idea where he would have gotten it from. I am always so careful about keeping trash out of our yard as we live off a fairly busy road with frequent litterers. I dont know how I missed such a large piece of plastic, and WHY or HOW he managed to eat this. I am at a loss of words. I cannot believe it. I would have never believed him if he hadn't come and gotten me to show me what he had found. He couldnt believe it himself. I truly dont understand how or why he wanted and managed to eat this. I dont know how I feel. I guess now I know all my efforts were never going to erase this obstruction and I did everything I could. Never thought itd be this.
@azygous @NatJ

Last edited:
We have an answer. Hubby wanted to dissect his crop area to see what the cause of death truly ended up being and tried to ease my mind as I've done everything I possibly could, and he pulled this out right below his crop/into his stomach.

Wow! Thank you for updating--it is nice to figure out the answer to these things, so at least we know for the future.

Do you think that is the original piece of tarp he ate, or something else?

Wow! Thank you for updating--it is nice to figure out the answer to these things, so at least we know for the future.

Do you think that is the original piece of tarp he ate, or something else?
Definitely something else. It had the consistency of a disposable plastic grocery bag. I guess he had a liking to things he was NOT supposed to eat. I just keep questioning how he even managed to do it.

Back
Top Bottom