Goose attacked by dog

Sorry for your loss. Sadly, once a dog kills poultry it is dang near impossible to break them of it... at least in my experiences.
Yeah I know :(, tomorrow I am going to repair the gate that will close the bird’s grazing area, hopefully I’ll never have to deal with this again :(. I have set her up for the night, she has electrolytes, food and the wound has been cleaned twice with iodine solution. She is also under the infrared light to try to prevent shock, tomorrow I’ll see if I can buy the antibiotic ointment and some aspirin for the pain

How warm is it in your home? she may not need extra heat.

That is such a bummer it has happened again. Best you've done so far is good. If you can get antibiotic ointment for humans like triple antibiotic that is fine to use. If in shock she won't eat or drink probably till tomorrow sometime.

Mum won't hear of getting rid of the dogs after seeing what they have done?

How warm is it in your home? she may not need extra heat.

That is such a bummer it has happened again. Best you've done so far is good. If you can get antibiotic ointment for humans like triple antibiotic that is fine to use. If in shock she won't eat or drink probably till tomorrow sometime.

Mum won't hear of getting rid of the dogs after seeing what they have done?
Nope she says I should be the one getting rid of all the birds cause it’s the “dogs’ natural instinct to kill them”. Anyway I just cleaned her wound again, no signs of infection, she ate a little, but not much really, she is drinking normally. Do you know of any painkillers I could give her orally? I don’t wanna have to waste 10 aspirins to put in her water :( I would like something I could give her once or twice a day to help with the pain

Just dissolve one aspirin 2x a day in her water. Or liquid children’s ibuprofen can be used to. Give her time to recover before putting her back out with the others. Some kind of antibiotic ointment over the wounds

How is she today?
She is just like yesterday, drinking and eating very little. I gave her ibuprofen (took a pill and calculated the dosage then dissolved it and gave it to her with a syringe in her mouth), I’m waiting for the effects to start showing up. I noticed my drake was also in pain so I gave it to him as well, To see if it will help him too. I also made a new gate so the dogs won’t be able to get to them anymore.
image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom