Goose attacked by dog

The goose is getting better, she’s eating and drinking and, honking like crazy, I guess it’s a good sign but not the best if you have her in a room next to your bedroom lol, haven’t checked up on the drake yet, will update later on him

They can be loud that's for sure. But it's a great sign she is feeling better which is awesome. Hope the drake is doing as well.
The drake is eating drinking and bathing normally now, I cleaned his wounds which seem to be healing and gave him a new dose of painkillers. If everything goes according to plan I’ll stop with the painkillers on Tuesday and see if they can finish the healing process on their own, not to stress their livers too much

Def stop as soon as you can. But great updates on both of them.

Did you get the gate fixed. Sure would hate for you to go through this again.
I blocked the gate with 2.5 meters tall wooden panels, that will keep the dogs away until I can get a professional to make a good metal gate. These dogs can easily chew through any wire and jump up to 6-8 feet high gates... it’s hard to keep them where you want them to be.

What breed are they? I sure hope you can keep your flock safe. It is difficult enough having to worry about wild predators without having to worry about domestic ones that live with you.

European shepherds, they were born in the mountains in a farm that couldn’t keep the babies, so they gave them away for free they have one hell of a personality.about the geese I had 2 females and 3 males but with the one that passed away we’re down to 1 female and three males. Two males are gonna be sold when spring comes around, and I’ll keep the bigger male for breeding. I’ll probably be getting a couple more females in the spring as well. Btw, the drake and the goose are doing fine. I scaled down from 2 doses of ibuprofen per day to one, tomorrow I’ll try to not give them any and see if they stop eating again. The wounds are closing up and the skin is regenerating, so I am hopeful that they’ll be able to pull through this one.

European shepherds, they were born in the mountains in a farm that couldn’t keep the babies, so they gave them away for free they have one hell of a personality.about the geese I had 2 females and 3 males but with the one that passed away we’re down to 1 female and three males. Two males are gonna be sold when spring comes around, and I’ll keep the bigger male for breeding. I’ll probably be getting a couple more females in the spring as well. Btw, the drake and the goose are doing fine. I scaled down from 2 doses of ibuprofen per day to one, tomorrow I’ll try to not give them any and see if they stop eating again. The wounds are closing up and the skin is regenerating, so I am hopeful that they’ll be able to pull through this one.
btw I edited it lol, thought you were talking about the geese, not the dogs lol

That’s great news!! I am happy for you that they are healing up! Thanks for keeping us updated on them. I have a Toulouse female she is my avatar .

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom