Goose attacked by dog

Oh gosh :( I am so sorry to hear that. I was hoping for a recovery for her. Sorry for your loss, and best of luck on the goose hunt. If you can bare to wait a couple more months, goslings will be easier to come by. And so stinking cute...
:hugs

Oh my lord I can’t even believe it, happened again today, same exact thing, just this time in broad daylight. I just wanna get rid of the dogs, wanted to since the very moment my mom brought them home to be honest, but obviously can’t since they are my mum’s and she apparently can’t see the amount of damage they are doing to things, people and animals... this time they tried to take my drake as well, fortunately he made sure to teach them a lesson. On the other side, my only goose is hurt in exactly the same way the other was, and I can’t really afford to lose her, because I love her and because she’s the only adult female that’s still alive :(, I attached some pictures, as of now I cleaned the wound and I’ll probably look into giving her painkillers the first couple of days to see if it helps with the shock. Any other ideas on what to do? Any ointment is out of the question as the skin is lacerated.

D8B6FDA3-8411-40CC-9EC6-89B8ADB6EF2A.jpeg
1072F27F-A884-475E-8702-7397C07BBAD1.jpeg
58E5EDDB-355A-4A68-9896-9445BD422301.jpeg

First give her a good clean flush with peroxide to get those germs out. Can you wrap her in a warming blanket. Maybe a towel and a heating pad on the outside to prevent shock

I think you have to try to get some triple anitiobitic ointment on there. Gently put it on. Your finger. A qtip something to put a little layer on there.

First give her a good clean flush with peroxide to get those germs out. Can you wrap her in a warming blanket. Maybe a towel and a heating pad on the outside to prevent shock
I brought her inside, will wrap her in a towel, that’s the best thing I have for the job :(

I think you have to try to get some triple anitiobitic ointment on there. Gently put it on. Your finger. A qtip something to put a little layer on there.
The thing is I don’t have any at hand, they are not easy to come by around here, especially not ones safe for animals :(

Sorry for your loss. Sadly, once a dog kills poultry it is dang near impossible to break them of it... at least in my experiences.

Back
Top Bottom