Goose Shenanigans

That's fantastic! Mine have been fairly well-behaved of late. After adding the Grey Saddleback Pomeranian trio there have been other geese to keep everyone occupied. By February I want them all moved into two new pens, so hopefully that will go smoothly and the yard can go back to being the yard. lol

Love the story of the goose stealing your shoe!! It sounds exactly like the kind of hijinks Gussie and Golly would do. I'm glad neighbors are far enough away that I don't have to worry if they think I'm as crazy as the birds.
The neighbors probably think I’m mad but the upside is it keeps them out of our yard 🤣

Thankfully my neighbors can't see me, but mine are really well-behaved. Although we've had an alliance shift within the geese. One of the Pomeranian ganders stole a Buff hen that's been paired with a Gander for going on three years. Separating them can not come soon enough.

I have a few funny goose story's to tell. I will start with when my two Male tufted roman geese, Marcus and Tyrion, were were little goslings. I was outside along with my mom to take Marcus and Tyrion for their 2nd time ever to swim. I have a kiddie pool that I filled up with water. I placed a log in the center of the pool so they could rest. I also placed logs around the pool so they could get in and out if they wanted. Tyrion took to the water right away on day 1 no probblems. Marcus on the other hand wanted nothing to do with the pool! An I was not about to force him. He was content on watching his brother swim. I sat down next to the pool. Across from me was my mom who stood next to Marus, sittings watching his brother. My mom and I were talking, about how Marcus did not seem keen on swimming. When my mom spoke to Marcus saying. "Are you sure you do not want to try an swim with your brother today?" When Marcus looked up at my mom he flipped out!!!! Screaming he jump up and tripped over himself!. Still screaming he hoped back up and ran up the log. Once again trips over his feet and into the water! Completly wet he swims back up to the surface of the water.As fast as his little feet could he swam towrds my direction, Head back, continue screaming. (Still screaming)One he reached the last log he hoped on to the log to once again trip! He rolled over the log. Got back on his feet still screaming he ran over to me hide behind my arm and sat down. Marcus out stretched his neck towrds my mom then yelled at her! Lol all this happend in a spand of like 4 sec. My mom and I burst out laughing as Tyrion look at us in confusion. Marcus only started to calm down once I picked him up and proceeded to dry him off.

Even tho he was terrified, my mom and I can not help but find this story funny becouse one. He knew my mom was there. 2. He could have gone around the pool insteed of throw it. Expeshly since he has been insisting that he does not want to swim! But dont worry he loves to bathe and swim now.

Back
Top Bottom