Got My Email...

SmittenWithDucks

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 8, 2009
Lockhart, TX
From Holderreads!
Our 15 Indian Runners were shipped out today. We should have them no later than Wednesday!

Sometimes I don't know what I was thinking when I placed the order. The most I've ever had was 5 ducklings at one time. Now I'm going to have 15! Yikes!

Glad I stocked up today on peas and spinach!

Quick question -

I have Purina Flock Raiser as suggested by Holderreads. After reading all the posts about adding Niacin or Brewers Yeast, my question is is Flock Raiser complete for a duck's Niacin requirement? There was nothing in the flyer I got about feeding the ducklings that indicated that I would need to add Niacin if feeding Flock Raiser.

I don't know about the niacin, but congrats on the ducklings! I want some Holderreads runners so bad!
droolin.gif

Quote:
Congrats on the email!!! I received my Holderreads order back on May 4, and I also ordered 15. Yikes is right!! I am feeding mine duckling grower which my local feed store carries (lucky me). I did read on the "treats for ducks" that spinach is not really good for them, because of how it can change how they absorb certain nutrients.

Here's some eye candy for you. I ordered 3 SQ Penciled Runners (the grey ones here), 4 mini-silver appleyards, 3 SQ welsh harlequins, 3 cayugas, and 2 magpies. They ended up sending me 6 cayugas instead of the magpies. I keep forgetting that I have 16 and not 15 ducks due to the extra cayuga.

48806_may_2011_118.jpg

Here's a picture at age 14 days.
48806_dsc_0059.jpg

I can't wait to see how yours look!!!

Thanks for the responses! Have to get after it tomorrow and get their indoor pen/brooder completely set up!

kayla_sayswa - Thanks for the eye candy! I've read that about spinach in the past. Just using it as it is suggested in Holderreads flyer by adding some to the water and a little sprinkled on their feed to encourage drinking and eating initially.

Can't wait! Have to figure out this photo thing!

Quote:
Congrats on the ducklings!

But I read that spinach is toxic to ducks because it blocks their bodies from absorbing essential nutrients. I stay away from spinach with my ducks and geese.

Back
Top Bottom