grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't wait to get my license. Had it asap. Lol
All the kids were 18 & my almost 25 yr old son still walks. I don't get it.

I got my learners permit at 15 years me 8 months. Had my real license the same week I turned 16. That was in February, by June I had moved out on my own. Got a full time night job at the hospital and lived in the nurses quarters while I put myself through high school. My older daughter didn't get her license until she was in her 20's. My son and youngest daughter got their license just as soon as possible. My second daughter waited until her 20's also.

gig.gif
Ya gotta know how to pick 'em!

AND, she probably didn't own chickens, did she?
big_smile.png

nope none of the 3 did. But then I didn't at that time either.

Danna my GS was born with 1 kidney. They said he would probably never miss it but no sports where it could be hurt. He just turned a year old and seems fine so far.

No cigarettes. Been taking 2 aspirin a day for a long time. I have allergies and asthma and that gives me post nasal drip and makes me cough. I cough like a 4 pack a day smoker. Have since I was a kid (coughed not smoked). I smoked in my young and stupid days but I'm cheap and quit when the price went from 61 to 63 cents.

That's hilarious, I quit smoking when cigarettes got to 50 cents a pack! Look at the prices now
1f633.png

Last edited:
haha, I guess 10000 is a lot.

how old is your son now wishing ?
anyone remember when your child was very little and you told them to not talk to strangers ?  Worst thing ever !  Autistic children follow rules (mine does anyway) they need set rules in their life . and they dont change them either.

One year when Christmas shopping I was looking for a runner sled for a gift. Amber was about 4 at the time. She asked the elderly store clerk how to steer the sled. When the clerk bent over we could see the bald spot on the crown of his head. She told him she didn't know who cut his hair but they sure did a crappy job! . . . .

Out of the mouth of babes!

hello mare how is you daughter doing???

Thanks for asking - she is doing okay so far. She left to go back up to school last week (she has ROTC obligations all this week and then classes start next week) so we'll see how all that goes. Her coordination is getting better, she still has a LOT of headaches - her balance is still pretty crappy and she gets dizzy a lot. It will be an interesting test of her thinking parts of the brain once class starts to see how that goes - her memory has been off since she came home and I am hoping it isn't too much of an issue with her classes. The plan for now is that all the professors will be aware of the issue so *if* she finds herself struggling she can speak up and there are tutoring services, etc available if she needs them......won't know till we know sort of thing. She's hoping to be cleared to drive at her next appointment (having a repeat MRI and a neuro appointment in a couple of weeks) so she isn't so dependent on everyone else, as that is driving her nuts not being able to go anywhere on her own.

The re-check we managed to get her when she got home was quite serendipitous - she was running out of the good migraine medicine they had her using and, more than anything, we needed someone to authorize another Rx for her. "Our" doctor hadn't seen her in over a year because she went away to school so they had dropped her from their patient list. She would have been a "new patient", but they weren't accepting new patients so they wouldn't see her. We were running into wall after wall due to it having to be processed/paid via workman's comp (had the signed authorization and everything from the ARMY) and trying to find someone here who could/would see her and do the paperwork -- two days and five different offices later we stumbled across a place here that does occupational health stuff (ironically enough, connected to the urgent care place that had turned us away - kind of funny given that the only difference was which door we went in through and the experience, reception was 100% turn-around from the day before) -- anyway, in the end the run-around was worth it because the doctor we ended up finally seeing happened to have worked with the doctor that had treated DD at Ft. Knox *and* had extensive experience in dealing with TBI so she was a great find. She was able to help DD come to terms with the fact that this is a months and months sort of recovery, not a weeks sort of thing and offer some advice regarding going back to school, etc and DD really connected with her.

It's probably a good thing she left when she did - she was having a really hard time with the whole "no riding" edict from her doctors with her horse just sitting out there, now it's out of sight out of mind.

@enola, I just water bath my pickles for 5 minutes, but I keep everything boiling hot before it goes in the jars. Have been doing it for over 30 years without any problem.
1f603.png

The only pickles I have ever made are icicle pickles. With those you don't cook the cucumbers, just the pickle juice. You keep them in a crock with a weighted dish on top of them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom