grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
you all amaze me . weaker women would crindge at the thought of shooting , much less eating what they shoot ! 4 stars !!!

The babies next to a full-sized sussex hen. They've doubled in size overnight. Plus a photobomb from my fave EE. :D

Last edited:
Well I'll be honest. I tried to shoot the squirrel with the pellet gun.

Didn't adjust properly for hubs's scoping - it's scoped so he can shoot about 75-80 feet I think (I'm horrible trying to judge distances without adding imperial measurements into it lol) so I completely missed the squirrel. Even though I was only a couple feet away. Honestly, my time with guns/pellet guns is NOT MUCH at all. We need to do some practice...I had to get the guy with a block of wood to the head. Not pretty.

I wasn't sure if I'd be able to. But...you do what you gotta do.

Bright side hubs offered to remove corpse and stuff after but I figure by the time he gets home from work we'd have some rigor Morris and it'd be a pain to get out....so he's just going to help me patch the chicken wire lol.

wish i could sleep until this pain was gone. But then i would be sleeping my whole life. thats how we know when it feels good. we compare .

My sons bio father shot himself and i never allowed guns in the house. now as my son is 21 he is allowed a pellet /bb gun . thats as far as it goes here.

well, didnt mean to be a party pooper. I have a young polish rooster i want to add to my flock. My rooster dont mind him at all. I put him in for a month and one hen keeps pecking/loving on him and he is so afraid he didnt eat. he lost tons of weight. i put him to himself and he has gained back but how to add him?

My son could shoot a 22 before he went to 1st grade. My girls wanted to learn to shoot when they were in 2nd and 3rd grade. My mom taught me how to shoot after my father died, probably when I was 10 or 11. I had 4 brothers to compete with, I could hold my own.

When we went to WV my X bought me a .410/.22 over and under for Christmas and then proceeded to teach me how to shoot it. He fired it twice to site it in. Then handed me my rifle, I hit the can. He was shocked! Then he said beginners luck! So I fired it a second time, blam another can shot. He never did manage to outshoot me. He had a sharp shooter award hanging on the bedroom wall.

My dad isn't very expressive. He shows pride, appreciation, and love through gifts of firearms. We have several pistols, rifles, and shotguns. They're all stored in locked safes or cases with the ammunition stored separately. Husband and I both grew up hunting and with guns in the house. My brother never really enjoyed it much. I don't really have much else in common with my dad. We're both introverts, bookish and nerdy. So hunting was a perfect way to sit for hours in relative silence while still bonding. I wrote a column about it once, when I worked for the paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom