grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    They haven't eaten it yet? Where's the chicken boy when you need him!

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    OMG Wishing ! its horrible !!! I am not sleeping tonight. and the smell ! [​IMG] Got up the nerve with a flash light . under the cabinet, I had stored a bag of medicated starter. forgot about it . cant tell the difference between the bottom and the turds.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    who the heck is cleaning that ? bound to be dead ones too . turned the fan on. cats are now hissing at each other. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I will! I'll clean it up!

Sorry I can't. :(
    Use a vacuum for the loose stuff, and a metal kitchen spoon for everything else. That's my basic solution for everything gross.

I got the chicks under the broody. She bit me several times during the transfer but seemed pretty settled on the chicks. :fl :fl I did the whole thing in the pitch dark so she wouldn't rouse up too much.

Then I shot the fourth (final?) possum, the one we were calling The Ghost. My poor feeder. :lau

1 person likes this.
  5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    dont tempt me camping. I would rather buy a plane ticket then touch that. one way of course. I just got another vacuum. 2nd one in as many months. I guess it will suck up the feed and turds but they are under the cabinet with movies, dvds , in the cracks. top shelf has knic-knacs. How can i do that ? [​IMG] without touching it ?

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    oh, congrats on the ghost . if its the last one what are you going to do for fun ? hahaa

7. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Put Walmart bags over your hands. No actual contact, and cheaper than gloves. Clean cases with Clorox wipes. Get the big stuff with bags, vacuum, then move the case? Having a hard time picturing what needs to be done. Mice have been bad for us this year. In the cabins more than anywhere else.

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its a built in wall cabinet in my family room. where a tv could go but i have a large bird cage there for a brooder and all my dvds under it. Wal-mart bags , good idea and the wipes too. thank you. [​IMG] guess i am going to head off to bed. hope no night mares.

9. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    [​IMG] Sounds nasty. Been getting dinner ready and now I'm not so hungry. ugh It will still be there tomorrow. No hurry.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    HA ! Thats what you get for making me look ! [​IMG] whats for dinner ? I could eat. I can always eat. (sigh)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by