grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Here you can get LP at many gas stations, so we're lucky. Don't know if there's an exchange program (probably is), but few years ago they regulated new type of cylinders, so everyone had to buy a new one to get a refill.

I was bummed last night because we had to turn the oven on, and it was already 85° inside.
th.gif
Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, it was late and starting to cool off a bit, so we opened the house up. Gonna be hot again today! Poor chickens. Couple of my older girls are feeling the heat bad. Hasn't been this hot in a couple of years.

Thank you for saying that - I find myself removing my fingers from the keyboard every time I see mention of wanting/needing/using one of these contraptions - I just do not see how keeping an animal in a contraption that directly impacts it's ability to function as that animal is designed to function is so widely accepted and, indeed, applauded. Roosters crow - don't want/can't have crowing, don't have a rooster. I just do not see how this sort of device is considered a good idea, at all.
does this mean i need to take the duct tape off the ol mans mouth?

found the perfect way to clean. Called sil over .
cool.png
He should be here shortly. went to the coop and the little bantam that was sitting is now running around all puffed up with a baby with her . LOL first time for me to see that. 2nd one that piped did it through a vein. a different hen has jumped in the nest and took over the rest of the eggs. I have so many broodys now ! ice cream bucket has 2 hens one sitting on top of the other. I have brought Tom home. he walked in the door and straight to the sink. dishes are done. I just cant stop him. his speech is kinda messed up. So, best they figure, his heart went into a fib and threw a clot . traveled to his brain and he stroked. Its a wait and see game as to how much he gets back. His daughter is on her way down from MI. with gs. be here in a couple hrs. he dont know. I plan to tell my dh the kids can only come a couple at a time. No stress for Tom. His comprehension is effected as well. I took his meds from him for safety. Now i just need to brush it off and get back up. easier said then done.
he.gif

So this just happened. I'm hanging out with my girls, got one of the girls over on the truck box eyeballing the shovel I have leaning against it like she wants to hop up on it...realizes that may not be the best idea and saunters over towards me....looks up at my foot like she wants to roost in it but she's playin cool...

And then....one of the other girls runs up and jumps on my foot lol

Huh. Where did my attaching pictures go?

Photo bucket to the rescue!

...eventually. Photobucket is slow today.

Aha!

Aha I'm the queen of the castle you're the dirty rascal!

Last edited:
Here you can get LP at many gas stations, so we're lucky. Don't know if there's an exchange program (probably is), but few years ago they regulated new type of cylinders, so everyone had to buy a new one to get a refill.

I was bummed last night because we had to turn the oven on, and it was already 85° inside.
th.gif
Fortunately, it wasn't too bad, it was late and starting to cool off a bit, so we opened the house up. Gonna be hot again today! Poor chickens. Couple of my older girls are feeling the heat bad. Hasn't been this hot in a couple of years.

Yes - that is what it was like back home - every gas station had an LP tank filling station - imagine my surprise when we arrived out here, got the grill put together and went to find gas the first time......
Hear ya on the house temp issue - that is one of the main reasons we do a WHOLE lot of grilling all summer long (that and the fact that it's just so good, lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom