grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thank you..

2. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Songster Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Your welcome.

3. Dannachic

Dannachic Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    i have 3 ees hope they are not roos that would be a surprise..i'm glad your daughter is ok the house sounds nice.. fourth was quite here..

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    thanks, glad you enjoyed the 4th. this EE looks like a hen to meee !! no saddle feathers, no crow. no spurs. I got into a discussion with my dd today about the 4th. she dont have a clue it seems. she remarked on how she dont like to celebrate because there is no freedom. I asked her how she would like it to not be able to vote, to be whipped by her husband for looking at another man, to not be able to divorce if she was being beat. she was thinking of rainbows.. tomorrow is my drs. appt. . not looking forward to that. hahaa at my age it shouldnt be necessary [​IMG] guess i will have to take the ol man with me. at least i can keep an eye on him that way.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    ol mare, do you want a pr. of seramas ? maybe start breeding them . no one around here has any.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    # 8 has arrived. very loud fluffy silkie/cochin mix. blue in color and more then likely will be frizzled. doesnt seem to be an end in site. 5 hens with maybe 20 more eggs between them. dh says i will have a new flock. I dont want a new flock. shoot, i dont want half of my old flock. He seems very pleased they keep coming. must be the stroke.

7. Dannachic

Dannachic Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    I always wanted a frizzle..wish we lived closer ..i'd take a couple..like i need more lol

8. Dannachic

Dannachic Crowing

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    granny didn't he crow

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    nope ! never crowed or even acted like a rooster but there was no mistake what he was trying to do . young still i guess. My hens picked on him when i first got him and i had to move him to the bantam coop even though he was as big or bigger then they are. My roos never bothered him. Are they Not supposed to have saddle feathers ?

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    dannachic, my main flock , at one time, had suspected CRD. there are few that i feel comfortable getting rid of. I havent had problems in a long time but thats a risk . My seramas are totally different from the main flock and have never shown any signs of illness. I would never knowingly put someones flock at risk . so when the big ones leave here they do so by culling. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by