Great Fathers Day Surprise- Dont even have kids . . . Pic- post #13

Here this was from last night, its the best I could do with a crappy camera phone . . .

chukarchicks.jpg

There was 27 out when I looked a few minutes ago . . .

thumbsup.gif

So far, 1 chukar chick has an unabsorbed yolk and I think its not gonna make it.
The rest look awesome, they are the strongest chicks I seen yet out of all my hatches.

And 1 jumbo ringneck has pipped!

Today is/was day 23, right on track for the chukars, and looks like the pheasants will be hatchin tomoro also on schedule!

Keep in mind Im workin with a cellphone here . . .

This is a brooder full of 25 or so.
The rest are still in the incubator till I set up one more brooder.
They continue to hatch, 2 so far today.
Some eggs are still just pipped or 1/2 zipped but I do still see movent inside so Ill let em be . . .

chuckarchicks2.jpg

Some of these are already eating and using the rodent bottle.
They will soon all get the idea.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Pheasants are still just pipped.
I dont wanna start worrying yet tho . . .

Do you still have your chukar eggs?
Should crack em open and see how far along, see if developement coincides with your temp spike.

But I got lotsa chukars so if you want some . . . make me an offer on what they are worth to you, I hate to charge but as long as I dont lose money, I dont need to make any.

The guy hasnt called me back yet.
Hopefully hes busy collecting more eggs, specially valleys . . .

Awesome! I might take you up on that, thanks! I'm considering ordering them on ebay though, my last batch of butler bobs shipped really well, none broken! And have you seen the albino chuckars? the are pretty cool looking too!
cool.png
I'm thinking about getting both, but again, I have to use finesse... Or DH will probably divorce me! After the coturnix, he said NO MORE BIRDS! Then I got Chukars...
big_smile.png
and he said NO MORE BIRDS!!! I MEAN IT! then I got some butlers...
gig.gif
Now... I'm thinking of ducks and chukars again!
lau.gif
I'm a horrible wife I tell you. but just wait until I start making meals with these birds (bad wife / good cook), then he'll be telling me I need to get more!

So the breeder just called, he keeps his fridge at 42 degrees, and says as long as they dont freeze the eggs will be good.
Thats very interesting.

He also said he is about done with chukars this year and is not collecting anymore, he has a few Ks in the fridge for orders, and I could buy some.
He said he is not getting enough valley eggs to sell, he needs them for breeders next year, I guess he has been building new pens for the valleys . . .

I have 4 pheasants out, and 3 zipping.
There are 3 eggs that still are just pipped.

Anyways, Holachicka, I will prolly go down like on Monday or Tuesday and get some more chukars, I didnt ask but I dont think he has albino.
They are cool, but I dont need em . . .

The chukar chicks are doing great, eating and drinking fine.
They already have gotten bigger in a day.
They look so tasty, running around like juicy little morsels!

Back
Top Bottom