Green Earlobes

I have 6 EEs and the one that I am able to pick up and pet all the time has yellowish green earlobes. Don't know about the other 5 though because they don't like me as much as Friendly does. lol
smile.png

I checked mine, I can't even find the earlobes...so no green...and no, the earlobe color does not always depict color of egg...

68634_dsc_0112-2.jpg

this little cochin/silkie mix has the green/blue earlobes, her eggs are light brown with slight speckles...

About half my EE girls have a light neon green earlobe. That is a very nice green on your girl, though. Very striking.

My girls lay blue, green, khaki, and one lays that brown that looks pink.

I had to investigate my girls earlobes too, only to discover they don't have any!!!! I have three EE's who have rather large muffs and beards, so I looked around the muff, and sure enough, my EE's don't have earlobes! Only one of them is laying, and her eggs are a nice aqua green. Does this mean they are part Araucana, because they are the ones with beards, right?

Ok, so I'm thinking that there is going to be a rash of 'earlobe checks' tonight! The heck with eggs, what color are YOUR earlobes dear?!

Too funny. Beautiful bird though. Thanks for the giggle!

There was a question on a test in my animal science class. The question was "What color eggs do chickens with green earlobes lay?" the answer? GREEN. According to the instructor, the color of the chickens ear lobes dictates what color their eggs are. The chickens with red earlobes? Look close, my D'uccle has little tiny white spots on the red and she lays white eggs. I really want some EEs to get cool colored eggs.

So i bet your hen will lay eggs the same color as her lobes. Let us know if it is true.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom