green jungle fowl!!!!

Hi,
A larger cage[sangkar atau reban] is always better
.I keep native fowls and give them as much space as possible.I spend alot of time making hem feel good and natural.
Native fowls in Borneo resemble red jungle fowls in colour and size and character.

We should treat any animal well and try our best to make them happy.Keeping the green jungle fowl in such a small space is not ethical and we can't follow traditions blindly..in traditional cages...the rattan or bamboo is used...the smallness of the cage is meant for viewers not for the comfort of the birds.I'm Asian and can understand the culture of how some people keep birds.It's time we treat animals right and make them happy.Better still don't cage them.
By the way for non malay readers..a sangkar is a cage and a reban is a chicken coop.

With high value and rare birds such as this I'd strongly recommend aiming for conditions that promote breeding rather than merely keeping them alive. I'd love a pair of green jungle fowl but I'd drive myself crazy trying to get them to multiply if I had them.

btguy, I have been raising gray's for a couple years, they are as easy to breed as any chicken I've ever had

When I read up on the greens it says they are so skittish that normal coop maintaince will put them off laying. If that is not the case... Well hopefully I'll be building a house on 107 acres of land soon and I already intend to build some big runs for chicken and turkey... What's one more? Planning on adding beltsvill turkey, silver spitzhauben, a couple of cows and bobwhite quail to my current collection already.

man you sound like me, I have 100 acres here in Texas and I am breeding these jungle fowl to release on my ranch, just let em free range, this coming year will be the first time I should be able to turn out 50/60 birds. I have these and some very expensive game chickens, they have dark green legs, that I'm raising now. I went with these because I tried to use regular ole chickens and although pure bread they were to easy for the animals to catch. I can say these jungle fowl are 10x more attentive than a normal chicken, and fly, man I had one get out of the pen when I was putting water in the cage, it was the day I got them and they were real skiddish, she flew straight up at least 100 feet to the top of a full grown pine tree, looked like a bottle rocket. So I think these are the chickens I have been looking for...Roost

Also bt, I hatched and turned loose around 500 Georgia giant bobwhites last year too, they seem to be doing real well, hear them all the time, now it sounds like it did 30 years ago before they were all killed out by the fireants...Roost

man you sound like me, I have 100 acres here in Texas and I am breeding these jungle fowl to release on my ranch, just let em free range, this coming year will be the first time I should be able to turn out 50/60 birds. I have these and some very expensive game chickens, they have dark green legs, that I'm raising now. I went with these because I tried to use regular ole chickens and although pure bread they were to easy for the animals to catch. I can say these jungle fowl are 10x more attentive than a normal chicken, and fly, man I had one get out of the pen when I was putting water in the cage, it was the day I got them and they were real skiddish, she flew straight up at least 100 feet to the top of a full grown pine tree, looked like a bottle rocket. So I think these are the chickens I have been looking for...Roost

Looks like i may actually get the land this month. Once I have a house and some runs built I so want to drop by and buy a startup flock from you. Cloud 9 here cuz this estate has drug on for almost 3 years now. So many projects to do lol.

Looks like i may actually get the land this month. Once I have a house and some runs built I so want to drop by and buy a startup flock from you. Cloud 9 here cuz this estate has drug on for almost 3 years now. So many projects to do lol.

you got it man, hit me up

Stan,
In reply to your inquiry dated 8/2014. I apologize for not having replied. It has been a while since I have been on this site. Been in bad health, but better now. I do not have any Grey Jungle Fowl for sale at this time. I only have two pair at the present. However laying season will soon be here and I will have some available in the summer. If you are still interested let me know and we will work on getting you a pair.

Hello there, I'm new too the forum but, saw your post. I have breed junglefowl among other pheasant species for years. I have Red junglefowl, Grey Junglefowl, and Ceylon junglefowl and plan on adding the Green junglefowl soon. Green junglefowl will go for $500 a pair and up. Depends on the breeder. I know of only a few people here in the states that breed them.

Have you ever raised any kind of junglefowl. The reason I ask is that the green junglefowl are not for beginingers. They are very hard to raise.

I hope I've helped you out in some way.

Thanks,

Saul Villagrana

Villagrana Aviary
http://www.villagranaaviary.zoomshare.com

Back
Top Bottom