Thanks! We have considered it but there are 2 main reasons why we are choosing to wait, the first being our honeymoon. we have a sitter who will be caring for them but i dont want to leave for two weeks and leave a sitter to supervise their integration. The second reason is fee . We want to use up the remaining layer feed we have so when we combine the flocks we can switch everyone to grower rations and let the big girls supplement with oyster shells.
Oh yes of course, those are excellent reasons! Maybe next time. It's fun to watch when 2-week-old babies are introduced while out free ranging and the big girls are the ones who run away. Also interesting to see how the flock dynamic changes gradually over time. I've given up on layer feed and now always give Flock Raiser w/OS... the extra protein seems to help with nutrition over winter (non-laying months) and regrowing feathers after molt, then adding new chicks in spring.

I can tell you've really done your research and your birds are in very good hands. Have a wonderful honeymoon!
confetti-stars2.gif

Back
Top Bottom