Grossly swollen, fluid-filled waddle- rooster

I hope you see some improvement with the benadryl. It might be wise to get the sulfa antibiotics as well, just in case. Do you have other farm animals around, or have you had any issues with rodents?
Thank you. No other animals around here except a dog, and I don’t think we have rodents in the coop. Although, who knows what’s going on out there at night

I just got done draining the waddle as best I could. Wasn’t able to get to the pockets under his throat, but at least now he can close his beak better without all that weight in the one waddle.
1664406831187.jpeg

1664406922921.jpeg

1664406844370.jpeg

I have had roo's get hematoma's on the comb and wattles from trauma (fighting). It feels like a large, fluid filled spot/blister. Sometimes they can get quite large. They tend to fill back up from where ever the blood is seeping from and can take a very long time to resolve sometimes. Since you drained blood, it may be a hematoma from some kind of trauma. I've seen them on my roo's from fighting. I have one old roo that gets beat up on occasion, and he gets them more often.

Back
Top Bottom