Gun control and the second amendment....

Status
Not open for further replies.
They arm teachers my children will not be going to school and I imagine most parents would feel the same way.
According to what state you are in, they may have already been armed for years. Armed parents go in an out of Georgia schools every day. Part of Texas has armed teachers.

Then there is Israel....

If you don't trust teachers with the lives of your children, why are you already trusting them with the lives or your children?

Last edited:
They arm teachers my children will not be going to school and I imagine most parents would feel the same way.

According to what state you are in, they may have already been armed for years. Armed parents go in an out of Georgia schools every day. Part of Texas has armed teachers.

Then there is Israel....

If you don't trust teachers with the lives of your children, why are you already trusting them with the lives or your children?

Well here where I live it is not legal to carry on school property or any federal establishment. The reason why I won't trust them to carry a gun around my child is the same reason why my guns are last locked up here at home. What happens when a child "accidently" gets a hold if the gun that the so called teacher left laying on her desk because she was having a moment ,a lapse of judgement because she is having a bad day with her boyfriend? Too many variables, too much can go wrong. Whether you like it or not guns are dangerous and dangerous in morons hands. NO I would not trust any of her teachers to carry a loaded gun and have one in her presence at all. The thing is, is that she is MY child, not yours, or anyone else's. It will be my decision as to what she is exposed to.

Then there is Israel....

thumbsup.gif
So true

Quote: Well here where I live it is not legal to carry on school property or any federal establishment. The reason why I won't trust them to carry a gun around my child is the same reason why my guns are last locked up here at home. What happens when a child "accidently" gets a hold if the gun that the so called teacher left laying on her desk because she was having a moment ,a lapse of judgement because she is having a bad day with her boyfriend? Too many variables, too much can go wrong. Whether you like it or not guns are dangerous and dangerous in morons hands. NO I would not trust any of her teachers to carry a loaded gun and have one in her presence at all. The thing is, is that she is MY child, not yours, or anyone else's. It will be my decision as to what she is exposed to.
So the government has the right to tell me how I can protect my family in my home but that is your kid an you get to chose at school? I see.....

Tell me the purpose of an assault rifle. No good for indoor shooting for home defense, worthless as a hunting rifle, I know because we have an AR. All it is good for is to play with. They are not trying to ban ALL guns just the assault rifle. There was a ban on them until 2004 and it was let to run out. They want it reinstated. People who want to argue the point about how these guns are so wonderful, try explaining that to those kids parents, or the families in Colorado. As for MY child it is MY decision to what she is exposed to and in MY opinion, arming teachers is not the answer. It is my RIGHT to have an opinion, or do you have an argument for that too? Or are those constitutional rights only good for the ones who are ranting about their rights as gun owners?

Tell me the purpose of an assault rifle. No good for indoor shooting for home defense, worthless as a hunting rifle, I know because we have an AR. All it is good for is to play with. They are not trying to ban ALL guns just the assault rifle. There was a ban on them until 2004 and it was let to run out. They want it reinstated. People who want to argue the point about how these guns are so wonderful, try explaining that to those kids parents, or the families in Colorado. As for MY child it is MY decision to what she is exposed to and in MY opinion, arming teachers is not the answer. It is my RIGHT to have an opinion, or do you have an argument for that too? Or are those constitutional rights only good for the ones who are ranting about their rights as gun owners?

Maybe they could have two schools one with some armed teachers and one with no guns allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom