Pics
i’m so hoping it’s a girl because i want pretty brown speckled eggs!

They are pretty eggs and each one is different! Wish I had a couple more that could give me these:
100_0007.JPG

They are adorable! :love I've been looking forward to seeing them Cap.

Fingers crossed for any babies still to hatch.

My dopey doves decided they'd had enough of nesting despite the fact that the eggs were still alive. I stuck them under a Button hen who was broody but I don't think she could keep them warm enough being so much smaller. And I really don't need to be hand rearing baby birds at the moment so I was kind of relieved.

And just coz I wanted one of the Button chicks to be a male they are currently all looking like girls. None have red tail feathers though the slightly younger ones tail feathers haven't quite opened out enough yet to be sure. Typical!

They are adorable! :love I've been looking forward to seeing them Cap.

Fingers crossed for any babies still to hatch.

My dopey doves decided they'd had enough of nesting despite the fact that the eggs were still alive. I stuck them under a Button hen who was broody but I don't think she could keep them warm enough being so much smaller. And I really don't need to be hand rearing baby birds at the moment so I was kind of relieved.

And just coz I wanted one of the Button chicks to be a male they are currently all looking like girls. None have red tail feathers though the slightly younger ones tail feathers haven't quite opened out enough yet to be sure. Typical!
Thanks Jae! Out of 8 eggs , i got 8 chicks. I have three more due to hatch in a day or two, and a bunch i set on the 20th. Really thrilled so far!

Oh gosh, i was having a crazy dream i was trying to catch a plane with loose animals and a bunch of animals were running around loose and i kept catching them and i was afraid i was going to miss my plane! I got bit several times and someone gave me a shot! And then i woke up.
THE CHICKS COULDN'T GET AT THE WATER BECAUSE IT WAS ALL CLOGGED WITH FEED! So i caught each one after i fixed the water and gave them all a drink. Thanks for the nightmare Mother Nature!

Back
Top Bottom