HALLOWEEN HATCH!!! Anyone

Quote:
That's a great first hatch! YAY!!!
Now, go get those pictures! LOL
smile.png

Quote:
No I tapped then heard chirping used the back of my tweezers to smack the shell then slowly and carefully picked the shell away not to break any membrains found out where the beak was and opened just enough for them to breath...Then I put them back in the bator..

1. Tapped on the bator
2. Heard chirping
3. Tapped on shell with tweezers
4. Picked up egg
5. carefully picked away shell (no membrains)
6. ensure beak is out to breathe
7. return to bator.

lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

that's basically what i though she was trying to say
lau.gif
But why would you tap on the egg with tweezers??? to get it to chirp?? or did you break the shell??

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed all the fun today. My home was a revolving door.
We invited all our friends to come over since none of us has ever seen a chick hatch before. They ALL came. I bet I had over 25 guests today. And most of them got to see a chick hatch.
ya.gif

Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about the drowning.
hugs.gif

We named the one who had pipped and half zipped Teaser because every 15 minutes or so she would push like she was going to come out and then just stop. She did this for 5 hours, how exhausting! When she did hatch there was a piece of membrane plastered to her wing. Bet that's what kept her in so long. I have 2 more that I think might have the same kind of plastering membrane problem. I want to help....
barnie.gif
I nevery knew hatching chicks would be like this, I've had all kinds of newbie jitters.

Here are the pics,
Oh, I have 7 out, 3 or 4 pips and a bunch of no shows.

43622_chick_1.jpg

43622_chick_4.jpg

43622_chick_3.jpg

If you have a pip let it alone...

I tapped the shell to her a chirp.
Then I broke the shell with the back of my twezzers...
then picked at the shell
I also knew everyone had a hard time hatching these silkies..

Back
Top Bottom