Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

Yes; I believe I might already be addicted.

My favorite meme for these situations. lol

It Could Be Drugs.jpg

Good morning my fellow chicken addicts! I felt I should go ahead and calculate some actual percentages for my hatch rates now that I have used my version 2 incubator three times and my version 3 incubator once. For some reason, I don't see a way to edit my original post but my actual rates were as follows:

1st hatch: 80% (started with 22, 8 infertile, 3 quitters, 11 live chicks) Version 2 incubator
2nd hatch: 100% (started with 22, 4 infertile, No quitters, 18 live chicks) Version 2 incubator
3rd hatch: 82% (started with 44, 11 infertile, 6 quitters, 27 live chicks) Version 2 & 3 incubators

I'm going to hatch one more time this year for a friend but other than that I will be tucking the incubators away until next season. I'll come back and let everyone know how it holds up after storage if I can remember to! Honestly though, my initial opinion remains that this has been a great incubator and phenomenal learning tool for viewing purposes! Happy hatching!!

4-25-19 (57).JPG
4-25-19 (69).JPG
4-25-19 White Silkie from Debbie Hatching.jpg

Last edited:
I'll take a peek. Right now I'm planning on filling my incubators with my backyard mixes if I have some fertilized ones (I'll know in a few days if he was doing anything, lol). Long story, but I rehomed my cockerel today and I'm really hoping he was old enough to be active with the ladies.

I took these eggs out of the fridge so it's kind of a double experiment to see how the refrigerated egg will do AND see if my roo was active at all. I'm going to start collecting their eggs and storing them for hatch in the hopes that they're actually fertilized. I didn't want to hatch any winter babies because I prefer to brood outside but I just NEED to have some chicks from the hen in my avatar! :fl

View attachment 2517937

To complicate things even more, the friend that took the rooster for me asked me to take some eggs that her broody hen was sitting on (Seramas that I would guess are at least on day 15). I candled them and only one looks viable so now I double crossing my fingers that my backyard eggs are fertilized or I'm going to have a little pocket baby for a few weeks. lol!

View attachment 2517941
View attachment 2517942
View attachment 2517943
View attachment 2517944

The one viable Serama egg hatched and I have a precious little Serama baby now. I went to the local feed store to get her a little friend because it doesn't look like my young roo was fertilizing eggs yet, oh well. I find it hilarious that I bought a chick when I hatch over 100 chicks every year. :gig

While I was in the feed store I saw a little chick they had separated with splay leg so I explained to the lady how to fix it...she gave me puppy dog eyes and asked me to take it. lol, So now I have 3 chicks in the brooder and I swore I wasn't going to raise winter babies this year. :lau

Back
Top Bottom