Harris Farms Nurture Right 360 Incubator is AMAZING!

E39519D4-875E-49F2-8578-5CCB776C8E56.jpeg

This is working for me right now. I was manually turning but it seemed like all the eggs would get bonked every time I turned one. Too full. With the way they are in this picture, I only have to manually turn the six layered on top. All the rest are moving. I will change up who’s on the top layer. So still lots of handling unfortunately but less than before and less work for me. The extra eggs I was given from the breeder are maybe more trouble than they’re worth but I’ve missed my window for a staggered hatch and I can’t bear to not set them all!

In terms of making some room, I was thinking candling on day 5 might allow me to take some out and be off duty for manual turning and switching out. But I have read that you shouldn’t take out any eggs until day 10 regardless of what you think you see before then - that clear looking ones or blood ring looking ones might still be developing. Do you agree?

That is so true. Got an incubator to hatch 6. 5 of the 6 hatched. Got 13 more in wife bought 6 jersey giants daughter bought 3 polish and now in a couple weeks my wife is getting a dozen eggs from someone on Facebook to hatch.

That's how it all started for me too, lol! Now I hatch hundreds of chicks every year for other people. I'm actually trying really hard to cut back this year...so far I haven't been successful. :lau

How do you sell said chicks? I can’t even find buyers for a mere 12!

For the first year I actually had to put in more effort. I would watch for posts in our local facebook group of people looking for chicks and take cute pictures to share saying "message me for details". Now I have a waiting list of people that reach out to me before I even start hatching. Lol

For the first year I actually had to put in more effort. I would watch for posts in our local facebook group of people looking for chicks and take cute pictures to share saying "message me for details". Now I have a waiting list of people that reach out to me before I even start hatching. Lol
That’s awesome! Any other tips for a me when I start trying to sell babies?

That’s awesome! Any other tips for a me when I start trying to sell babies?

Cute pictures are my number one tip. I cut up a cardboard box To act as a sort of "light box" shape without the actual light, lol. I use tissue paper as a backdrop (it's cheap and disposable if they poo on it). Everyone always asks how I get them to pose, that's all I do.

Other than cute pictures, you can also try craigslist, or check to see if there is a livestock sale close to you.

Back
Top Bottom