Help!! Chicken with sprained or broken neck!! Help!!!

Pics
She had orginally posted that he was attacked by a fox in the coop, but don’t know details of how they knew it was an attack or a fox. Mareks could certainly cause the lameness, weakness, and neck problems. Hopefully it isn’t that.

I know... If he were mine I would give supportive care (tube fluids, food, and vitamins) for a few days to see if he got better.
At this point, I'm not sure I would... In the past, I have tried to "fix" chickens (and other animals) that are injured or ill. Some worked, others I ended up just causing them needless pain and discomfort. I can't do it anymore. I hate seeing them suffer. I will give a chicken a few days, but without any improvement, I am likely going to put it down. In my opinion, and not to knock those who have the knowledge to do more than I can, it's just not fair to the animal to make it linger. Especially if it seems terminal.

She had orginally posted that he was attacked by a fox in the coop, but don’t know details of how they knew it was an attack or a fox. Mareks could certainly cause the lameness, weakness, and neck problems. Hopefully it isn’t that.
I hadn't thought about it, but if it were attacked by a fox, wouldn't there be puncture wounds or missing feathers?

Back
Top Bottom