Help Chicks Hatching.....what Do I Do????

Just hang tight and enjoy the show!
big_smile.png

Seriously, let nature take it's course. If you have any specific problems or concerns along the way, there are plenty of folks here to help.

It can take 24 hours or longer for them to hatch. Don't help it out! I have not had good success rates with the ones I have helped (after 30+ hours of them hatching with no progress). I think I have helped 5 chicks hatch and 3 died within a few days. It's better just to wait and let nature take it course.

Should I Go To Bed Or Stay With Them Until Morning And Let Someone Else Sit With Them? Can I Open The Lid Too Much And Hurt The Procsess? Omg I Am So Excited! Last Time Nothing Hatched This Time Out Of 28 Eggs I Counted 15 Hatching Or Pecking Through! I Have Hatchery Babies But This Is Amazing! Wow!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the lid closed until hatching is completed, it will affect humidity and possibly shrink wrap chicks. They can survive in the bator a couple of days without having food or water.

Thank You All So Much...there Are Ten Here So Far And More On The Way! I Appreciate The Advice And It Was Helpful.....i Have One That Is Club Footed But Other Than That There Have Been No Problems....the Club Fotted One Is A Oeg Bantam And Her Mom Was In Bad Health......agian Thanks!

Bantamwyandotte........
smile.png

Congrats! It is soo exciting! Just continue to sit back and watch. I've had some with curly toes that were perfect the next day....cords stuck to shells, you name it. But, let them do what they do and don't get impatient. They will be fine and if you open the incubator and some don't hatch, you might always wonder if that caused a problem.

Sounds like an exciting evening ahead. I don't think there's anything better than 'Chick TV'!!!
ya.gif

If they don't all hatch in a day or so let the unhatched sit for a few more days. I had one that hatched yesterday, and one that hatched today, five & six days after lock down.

Back
Top Bottom