HELP! Ducklings hatching!

Oh, I hope they absorb the yolks and come out alright.
fl.gif
hugs.gif
Maybe they heard the others peeping and it made them rush too much to get out?

Last edited:
The other ducklings hatching were making lots of noise so that is a possibility lol. I don't know what else would make him hatch 5 days early...
I am feeding him water and watching his temp. I had to separate him from the other hatchlings they were pecking him and trying to eat his shell and yolk sac thing. Will keep updates posted as stupid computer will allow me to.

Put the ducklings that still have egg shell attached into a small bowl lined with soft cloth that will keep others from pecking at them and keep lil ones from kicking around too much till completely free of yolk sac and egg.[ inside brooder. ]

Thanks Miss Lydia! He is still going this morning he has finally opened his eyes and is doing better but is still very weak. I am giving him water a drop at a time and he drinks it but won't eat but may not need to still having is yolk sac. I will keep updating! Thank you everyone for your advice and concern.

Thanks Miss Lydia! He is still going this morning he has finally opened his eyes and is doing better but is still very weak. I am giving him water a drop at a time and he drinks it but won't eat but may not need to still having is yolk sac. I will keep updating! Thank you everyone for your advice and concern.
They usually don't need to eat for around 24 hrs so don't worry about the eating part. What breed are we talking about? good news !!

Last edited:
They are Peking ducklings we have 5 hatched. The first one out had his feet curled under he has straightened one out but the other is still curled under so he falls down a lot. We had another egg pip this morning. I also have geese that should start hatching soon.

They are Peking ducklings we have 5 hatched. The first one out had his feet curled under he has straightened one out but the other is still curled under so he falls down a lot. We had another egg pip this morning. I also have geese that should start hatching soon.
I have read that you can use "tape shoes" to straighten curled toes. No experience with it myself, yet. I'm very new to the hatching thing. But I would certainly look into it and hopefully get his little foot all fixed up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom