HELP! Facial swelling

I know, poor thing. Thank you a lot for your response and help! I haven’t checked in her beak, but I will later today when I have a chance. She is eating and drinking just fine, and doing all normal Chicken behavior. I think I will just let her be as long as the swelling continues to go down. Is this a good plan?
I'd monitor her close throughout the day and see if the swelling goes down a lot.

If I was concerned about a bug bite, which this does seem like it could be, I would give a dose of the Ledum homeopathic remedy. Works amazing and 100% homeopathic medicine. So no immune suppressing drugs.
I can tell you how to dose her if your interested.

If I was concerned about a bug bite, which this does seem like it could be, I would give a dose of the Ledum homeopathic remedy. Works amazing and 100% homeopathic medicine. So no immune suppressing drugs.
I can tell you how to dose her if your interested.
What's the dose for chickens?

What's the dose for chickens?
Homeopathic remedies do not have strict doses. There for you can’t overdose them. For my dogs, I dissolve the dosage for people in a sterile jar of water. Then give a tablespoon of the dissolved remedy on the inside of the gums. Depending on what I’m using it for, pain relief, tendinitis, etc, I dose appropriately until I see improvement. For chickens, I would simply give a smaller dose as often as needed. You can’t overdose homeopathic remedies, so no exact dose is necessary.

Homeopathic remedies will NOT do anything in this instance.
I very much disagree, but understand that some have other opinions on homeopathy, so am not going to get into it here. I don’t think it is fare to discount a treatment just be you have not used or researched it yourself. But I am certainly not looking to argue. Op can choose the best treatment for her chicken from here. :)

I very much disagree, but understand that some have other opinions on homeopathy, so am not going to get into it here. I don’t think it is fare to discount a treatment just be you have not used or researched it yourself. But I am certainly not looking to argue. Op can choose the best treatment for her chicken from here. :)
What is your remedy to keep the trachea open? Offer constructive proof that you are 100% sure that it will work.

Last edited:
What is your remedy to keep the trachea open? Offer constructive proof that you are 100% sure that it will work.
I suggest Apis Mellifica, and Ledum dosed together. Ledum is commonly used to treat insect bites and be stings, along with Lyme from tick bites. Apis is used for allergic reactions.
https://www.boironusa.com/all-about-apis-mellifica-the-stinging-homeopathic-medicine/
This is an article from the company about Apis Mellifica. It is an FDA approved and regulated homeopathic medicine.

Towards the bottom, this source recommends Apis for homeopathic treatment of anaphylaxis. https://www.stlukes-stl.com/health-content/medicine/33/000008.htm

https://applications.emro.who.int/imemrf/Hamdard_Med/Hamdard_Med_2016_59_4_20_32.pdf

Back
Top Bottom