Help, i think my baby goose is dying!

Foraging duck

In the Brooder
Jul 16, 2018
She has been ok this 3 days since i bought her, even this morning, now she has droopy wings, shes peeping like shes sick, shes slow and dosnt wanna drink or eat, not mealworms not fresh leaves, nothing.

I just learned that they are not supose to eat chiken feed and even if i raised 2 geese perfectly before with the same diet, Im scared to loose her.

PS (just shanged the diet to leafs and darkling beatles cuz she dost like mealworms.)

Hi and welcome to BYC although I’m sorry that you do not join us under better circumstances. I hope that the geese peeps can help you out.

Good luck
Pork Pie

She has been ok this 3 days since i bought her, even this morning, now she has droopy wings, shes peeping like shes sick, shes slow and dosnt wanna drink or eat, not mealworms not fresh leaves, nothing.

I just learned that they are not supose to eat chiken feed and even if i raised 2 geese perfectly before with the same diet, Im scared to loose her.

PS (just shanged the diet to leafs and darkling beatles cuz she dost like mealworms.)

She could be starving. Geese are vegetarians, so don't feed her beetles or worms. I don't know what kind of leaves you are giving her, but any kind of leaves is not sufficient for a growing gosling. Chicken feed is great for goslings, unless it's medicated.

How old is she? Is she warm enough?

She could be starving. Geese are vegetarians, so don't feed her beetles or worms. I don't know what kind of leaves you are giving her, but any kind of leaves is not sufficient for a growing gosling. Chicken feed is great for goslings, unless it's medicated.

How old is she? Is she warm enough?

Iv used the same cage same chik starter feed and same warmth placement as i did with 2 geese that grew last year, except i included a couple of mealworms and the leafs the geese love like as it is candy. But i realized the other days in a video i took of her that she came from the breeder with droopy wings. I dint notice at first cuz she was so active and eating and drinking lots. But now i learned for next time.

Back
Top Bottom