How do u know lol

'Cuz my first exposure to these snakes here in SE MO was TWO of these monsters, nearly six feet long, almost as big around as my leg!!! And I just dealt with another one, four feet long, big around as my wrist, a couple of weeks ago. I would post this one's pic but I know some people REALLY do not want to see snake pics. My mom was an ophidiophobe.

Last edited:
'Cuz my first exposure to these snakes here in SE MO was TWO of these monsters, nearly six feet long, almost as big around as my leg!!! And I just dealt with another one, four feet long, big around as my wrist, a coouple of weeks ago. I would post this one's pic but I know some people REALLY do not want to see snake pics. My mom was an ophidiophobe.
Dm it to me lol I'd love to see it I've only ever seen 1 snake and it was a little corn snake I believe it was called

It's a RAT snake

Absolutely sure Rat snake.

Eastern Rat snake for proper ID

So what kind do you think it is?

:lau

The head and color is what suggests Racer rather than Rat Snake to me... racers always stand out to me by their more slender elegant looking head...

...but the two can be difficult to distinguish between.

In any case I’m certain it’s one of the two.

Here is the OPs picture and a reference pic from a little book of snakes I had sitting on the desk.

AD5F92D0-F02B-4C0B-AF64-9E37DA2BBE73.png
89591341-40A8-40FA-B9CD-9B5C305D415C.jpeg

Send me your address and I’ll box you up some snakes and send them to you...

How are you set on ticks, chiggers, wasps, and spiders? We have more of those than we need too, and I hate to seem ‘em go to waste ;)

Haha NO NO you can keep them all!

We have ticks but they aren’t out of control (in my province). I have no idea what a chigger is and we have wasps & spiders. Most of the spiders are also harmless. I think we have the odd Brown Recluse that have snuck their way up here on produce trucks but very very rare to see 1.

I thought you had snow moccasins, and tundra rattlers up their??? No? :gig

Your missing out on all the cardiac excitement! :lau

I believe we have those 2 species but they are in the more south,east provinces. Or bordering the US border.

I rather like walking around the forest not worrying about the creepy crawlers killing me Thank You!

Back
Top Bottom