HELP INCUBATOR DEATH!!

ButtonNomies

Songster
Jul 17, 2022
Eek! Just noticed my internal thermometer down at 97° it's dropped to 95° and there's a burning smell emanating from the mechanics 😫😫😫 one set of eggs are 2 days away from lockdown and another set a week behind it!

I've magivered a small tupperware box with a damp flannel under a dry flannel inside sitting on a heat mat while I arrange for a refund and a new bator. I have a thermometer and hydrometer in there with all 22 eggs!

Have I saved my eggs in time?

Any advice????

Eggs have PIPPED! Still in a tupperware box 😂 company r being difficult about refunding even tho I've only had the bator 6 months 🙄🙄 So tupperware box incubating for me for a while!! I've set it up with a reptile thermostat and a couple of dpinges to drip water on. Humidity is holding at 50% and the Heat holds at 99° ... two hydrometers in there with them one keeping temp of the base and one suckered higher up to keep ambient temp. So far so good, eggs are nice and warm to the touch and we have 5 out of 11 pipped this morning!!

20220927_151039.jpg
20220927_150914.jpg

20220928_081550.jpg
soooo this is my current incubator 😂😂😂

Heat mat, teatowel, tupperware box, flannel, hydrometers and the wire is a reptile habitat temperature control tht the heat mat is plugged in to so the temp stays at 98°~99°

I've noticed now that it's stabilised that it keeps the temperature very well and the humidity is controlled by sponges tht I drip water onto when I turn the eggs.

Its actually more stable and reliable than my actual incubator was! If it continues to be successful I'm just going to stick with this set up!

Back
Top Bottom