Help! My chickens are dropping dead with no warning!

Yes, a far amount of flies around the coop and yard, no gnats.
It could be the flies that are killing them The only way to find out is to get a necropsy.

It could also be a marriage disease worms bacterial infection.... Respiratory disease... Any number of things.

Please invest in some Permethrin and spray daily to knock the flies down.

@mixedUPturk sound familiar to you?

I did contact somebody about a necropsy, but it is 70$ where I live and a lot of logistics. I might do it any way.
Did you contact your state lab They are usually the cheapest and also where vets send off for testing.

We just lost one of our silkie pullets. She wasn't doing well and started limping then not able to stand at all. We took her to our vet and got a diagnosis of mareks disease. This is a highly contagious viral disease that is almost 100% fatal in unvaccinated birds. A necropsy is almost the only way to confirm. If your birds have mareks you need to sanitize your coop and run as well as washing all your clothing and hands to prevent carrying to your other birds. So sorry to hear you've lost so many birds already.

We just lost one of our silkie pullets. She wasn't doing well and started limping then not able to stand at all. We took her to our vet and got a diagnosis of mareks disease. This is a highly contagious viral disease that is almost 100% fatal in unvaccinated birds. A necropsy is almost the only way to confirm. If your birds have mareks you need to sanitize your coop and run as well as washing all your clothing and hands to prevent carrying to your other birds. So sorry to hear you've lost so many birds already.
I'm sorry for your loss.
If you have lost a bird to Marek's you can consider the remainder of your flock already exposed. No amount of cleaning is going to rid it from your land anytime soon.

Although Viron does kill the disease but the other birds may already be carriers and not show symptoms yet.

I agree though...it could be Marek's too.

Back
Top Bottom