Help! My chickens are dropping dead with no warning!

It could be the flies that are killing them The only way to find out is to get a necropsy.

It could also be a marriage disease worms bacterial infection.... Respiratory disease... Any number of things.

Please invest in some Permethrin and spray daily to knock the flies down.

@mixedUPturk sound familiar to you?

:highfive:

I did contact somebody about a necropsy, but it is 70$ where I live and a lot of logistics. I might do it any way.

I 100% agree that a necropsy is vital in this case. No matter what it is u wont know 100% for sure until you get a necropsy by a professional. My necropsy was 50$ and ida spent Waaaay more for the peace of mind it offered me. I wouldve blamed myself the rest of my life if i hadnt found out the gnats did it.

@mixedUPturk Are you online?

They get in their airways and basically choke them to death.

No ma'am :oops: i was feeding all 6 of us:th

Right they can completely overwhelm a bird and suffocate it, they can take all the blood, Or the most common cause of death is toxemia, an anticoagulant in the gnats saliva is insanely deadly.

Also, I am a youth exhibitor through 4-H and have been preparing all year for the county fair this August... does this mean I shouldn't go?
This means you should REALLY consider having a few of your live birds tested or really reconsider sending one for a necropsy.

This is exactly how diseases spread...(one way)...bringing ill birds around other birds.

Back
Top Bottom