Help! My silkie hen got attacked!

Keep us posted and good luck. Poor little girl. Good thing she has had you to take care of her. Lots of hard work though. You probably have other things to do with your life than be a 24/7 chickey nurse. LOL.

I realized I never did a follow up!

Well, after 5 weeks of her losing the use of her legs, not being able to eat or drink on her own, and not even being able to stand up when she had to use the bathroom (resulting in many baths) Pompy is back outside!
It took a couple days for my flock to re-accept her, for they bullied her quite a bit, but today my rooster gaurds her fiercely from the other hens.
She has practically made a full recovery! Besides that every once in a while she will lose her balance a bit, but besides that she gets around just fine now!

I was worried at first it would be hard for her to adjust to the 30 degree weather outside after being inside, which is 70 degrees, for over a month. But she did so well with the transition!

I took this today!

Look at her standing so well!

Before After

The feathers on her head are FINALLY growing back!

I am so happy she's doing well, I honestly didn't think she would live, for the first week after the accident she didn't move, eat, and hardly drank.
But look at her now!

Last edited:
Wow! I probably would have given up on her. You did such a great job with her and she is one strong little Silkie. Glad the rooster is taking her under his wing, so to speak. Hope she continues to get stronger. I'm sure she is happy to be back in the flock. :) Thanks so much for the follow-up. I have been wondering about her, but was aftraid to ask.
wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom