Help please with identifying my chickens

scribe

Hatching
6 Years
May 2, 2013
Connecticut
I have three chickens, and I have to say that I never imagined chickens would have character and attitude, but I was wrong... they are all hilarious - especially the small white one who is a real busy body. My question is can someone help me with the breeds. The grey one lays light mossy green eggs, the dark one brown, and the white one light blueish.

Thanks for your help!

Mike

Last edited:
It's kinda hard to guess from the small photos. Do you know where they came from?

Regardless, considering the egg colors, I would guess the two to be Easter Egger mixes. The darker one looks Birchen in color. She could be an Iowa Blue or mix.

Because only a few breeds have blue/green eggs and they do not match them, the ones with green/blue egg color are clearly mixes, and they are considered Easter Eggers. They may have Wyandotte, Plymouth Rock or Orpington in them, but your pictures do not show their combs too well so I cannot tell which is more likely.

Saw your other picture, the white one is possibly a Delaware mix, and an EE because of the green egg color. Blue one is definitely an EE Maybe with blue Orp on her.

Do you have individual pictures from a closer range?
The dark one could be an Iowa Blue, Birchen Orpington, or a mix, as well.

Last edited:
Yes, I saw that picture on your other post, white one looks like EEx Delaware, the Blue one is an easter egger, Dark one may be an Iowa Blue, looks too dark for a Birchen Orp.

Last edited:
Thanks for the insight. No matter what breed they are the eggs are great! So much so, I don't eat eggs when I'm traveling for fear of disappointment.... spoiled is what we have become here at home!
Mike

Back
Top Bottom