HELP PROLAPSED HEN ALSO EGG BOUND

I think it may be the intestine I’m not sure tho

if it isis there any special way to put it in or same as just the cloaca? I’ll also probably need to give her a bath again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 19
I’ve been trying to help her but whenever I push it back inside it pops right back out I’ve tried honey sugar holding her upsidown. I don’t know what to do anymore.

This is it right now, she is able to poop a little right now. But i’m not sure if I we should put her to sleep or not because it’s gotten worse and won’t stay in, Also she’s just sitting there crouched over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 9
This is it right now, she is able to poop a little right now. But i’m not sure if I we should put her to sleep or not because it’s gotten worse and won’t stay in, Also she’s just sitting there crouched over.
Poor thing :hugs

No one can make the decision to put them down but you and your parents. What do they think?

You are doing a good job taking care of her. Is she drinking?

Yes she’s been drinking, her water is supplemented. My mom told me awhile ago that she doses’t think she will make it.

Yes she’s been drinking, her water is supplemented. My mom told me awhile ago that she doses’t think she will make it.
I'm sorry to hear that.

I've had to put a hen down before that had a really bad, damaged prolapse, it's no fun to have to go through this.
Sometimes a chicken will surprise you and pull through, so just keep treating her the best you can until you and your family make a decision.

If you don’t mind me asking, how does this happen? I’m not trying to be rude I’m just curious as to how this happened. I have never seen this before and I want to be more knowledgeable in case this ever happens to one of my hens. I am sorry though it must be hard to take care of her:hugs

there is a viarety of reasons this can happen including a egg that is to big, calcium deficiency and other issues as well I recommend going to some other sources to find out more.

Many people do not have a vet in their community that sees chickens. Also it can be too expensive for some of us to see a vet.

@bpoore04 The chicken may have become egg bound or suffered from impacted oviduct. Soft shell-less eggs can be hard ro pass. Straining or egg binding can cause a prolapse. Dehydration and low calcium levels can also cause it. Since the hen laid one egg after another, she may have been egg bound.

She’s not been eating that much since it happened and has been drinking regularly. She has passed some droppings but not as many as yesterday and the day before. I haven’t fed them treats of egg before, I guess it kinda freaks me out and since I’m the one who dose all of the chicken chores i know nobody else in my family has fed them that.

Back
Top Bottom