Help!! Should I catch this abandoned duck or leave her alone?

UPDATE: WE GOT HER!! THANK YOU SO MUCH
IMG_2146.jpeg

She seems fine, just don’t know what to do now. I don’t know how to separate her and she’s hissing at me. Is this normal?
What do you mean Separate her? Yes when they are really scared they do hiss sometimes. She’s probably terrified after being dumped and the chased(glad you got her!) but I’m sure she’s scared

Usually it’s a good idea to quarantine away from other birds to make sure the new bird is free of any disease, but if she is already set up next to your birds, then I would probably leave her, and keep a fence between them for a week or two so they can get used to each other before letting them in with each other with supervision. Do you have other ducks or chickens? If so how many? And do you know if this new duck is male or female?

Usually it’s a good idea to quarantine away from other birds to make sure the new bird is free of any disease, but if she is already set up next to your birds, then I would probably leave her, and keep a fence between them for a week or two so they can get used to each other before letting them in with each other with supervision. Do you have other ducks or chickens? If so how many? And do you know if this new duck is male or female?
I know she’s a female, and I have 1 duck n 2 drakes. One keeps trying to mate with both (she got out of her side but we fixed it)

Back
Top Bottom